The Sr. Web Developer leverages advanced software programming skills to design, develop, and enhance applications that are critical to the operations of a transportation company. The Sr. Web Developer works collaboratively with business partners to develop web-based software in an agile, fast-paced, team, and collaborative environment to implement solutions which provide a competitive advantage to business operations. The Sr. Web Developer fosters continuous improvement by contributing to coding, testing, and implementation of best practices. The focus of this position includes designing, developing, and enhancing web applications in the Linehaul Operations area.
**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
1. Perform moderate to complex programming assignments requiring an advanced understanding of established web application programming standards, methods and best practices applicable to a corporate IT application environment.
2. Gather and interpret business requirements, create functional specifications and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies to achieve desired outcomes.
3. Work with development teams to integrate web solutions with company systems and third-party platforms.
4. Contribute to and review technical designs of software solutions.
5. Work with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
6. Conduct research into new technologies, development practices and frameworks.
7. Collaborate with developers to implement solutions, resolve problems and perform code reviews.
8. Work with vendor development teams to implement and support governance and change management processes.
9. Provide best practice consulting to management, business partners and team members.
10. Ensure quality and maintain performance of deployed solutions.
11. Follow, contribute and support Agile-based software development practices.
12. Assist with other projects as needed to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
13. Provide technical support and participates in on-call rotation to resolve critical application issues.
1. Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
3. Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
+ Competitive pay based on experience
+ Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
+ PTO and paid holidays
+ 401k Retirement Plan
1. Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
2. Lead the development of cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new, and modifying existing, software applications.
3. 5+ years of experience in web related programming and technologies.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Strong technical aptitude, fast learner, and effective problem solver.
6. Self-motivated, goal oriented and capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
7. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
8. Great team player with positive attitude.
2. Experience with responsive CSS/JS frameworks such as Bootstrap, Angular UI Bootstrap, or Angular Material UI is a plus
3. Experience integrating codebase with CI/CD processes using Git, Jenkins, JIRA.
4. Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, scalable software design, and REST service based architectures
5. Experience with Java and Spring Framework is a plus
6. Experience with relational databases and SQL is a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required
**Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer**
**Requisition ID** : 1634